Parents registering a child who is new to Rockwood should contact the school their child will be attending to obtain dates and times for registration.
The following items are needed for registration:
- Original state issued birth certificate
- Most recent report card and/or unofficial copy of transcript
- Current physical examination on Rockwood form
- Proof of immunizations
- Parent work #'s
- Special medication information (if necessary)
A photo ID of the parent or guardian enrolling the student is needed, in order for the registration form to be notarized.
Plus, Two of the following documents are required to establish the residency and domicile of the parent(s) or guardian with whom the student resides within the District:
- Real estate deed
- Lease agreement with apartment number and applicable date of rental
- Personal property tax receipt
- Unpaid utility bill (telephone bills are NOT acceptable)
- Occupancy permit
- Signed sales contract on home with address and applicable completion date
In the event that the parents of the student are divorced and either (a) the parents share physical custody of the student, or (b) the parental rights of one of the parents has been terminated, a copy of the parents' Decree of Dissolution of Marriage or other Court Order terminating parental rights is required.
- Kindergarten - 5 years old on or before July 31
- First Grade - 6 years old on or before July 31
*Due to a change in state law, there is NO variance in this date, as readiness testing has been eliminated.