Crestview Middle School implemented a visitor management system. This new security system offers
a fast, simple way to electronically register and review individuals
who visit our school. It will streamline our check-in process.
Providing a safe, secure school is always a priority for our school. We will continue to use the following safety practices:
- Door-access technology requires visitors to buzz-in to the school office before entering the school.
- Visitor check-in centers are located at the entrance of our school.
- Security cameras monitor the building and parking lots.
- School resource officers patrol our buildings.
- All exterior doors are locked.
- All visitors wear Identification badges.
What happens when visitors arrive at our school?
- Visitors will be asked to provide a driver's license when they arrive at the school check-in center.
- Our school attendant will verify the license and check th e visitor into the school.
- When the visitor has been verified, the system will create a customized badge that includes the name, date, time and destination in the building .
- Then, the visitor will wear this badge while in the building, allowing for easy identification of all guests.
What are the student procedures for late arrivals, dismissals and classrooms?
- Students who arrive to school late will check-in on the visitor system.
- Teachers will receive an email notification as students move throughout the school - such as going to the library.
- Students may use their Student ID card to scan in and verify their attendance. If they do not have their card, they can manually input their ID number.