Middle school parents don't have a lot of opportunities to volunteer at school (and see your kids in action!). Here are a few ways you can…
CPO is looking for parents to lead or co-lead a few of our fun action teams next year:
* Locker Inserts - Leads order inserts in May for next year. Leads oversee volunteers at Ice Cream Social (don't need to physically be there the entire time) to set up table, clean up table after and sell inserts during Ice Cream Social. ICS is Aug 9th 2018.
* Wellness Walk - An October event. Leads oversee volunteers that register students for the walk (a few days during lunch the week of the WW), coordinate with PE teachers that plan the event, oversee volunteers that secure gift cards and other donations from parents and local business.
* School Dance - the past 2 years it has in October. Leads oversee volunteers that sign up to decorate/set up, donate snacks, sell tickets and clean up after. We suggest you grab a friend or 2 and do this fun event together!
* Holiday Outreach- looking for a co-lead to help coordinate with the families who need extra help during the holiday season. You would organize the lists and gifts that are donated from CMS. This is a very rewarding position!
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Megan Seeling at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Box Top
Collection Drive was a success! We turned in over 5000 boxtops which will mean our school will receive over $500. Thank you to all parents who donated Start saving for next year. Box Tops can be
found on many common every day products, click this link to find the complete
EVER WONDER WHAT YOUR DONATION TO OUR CPO IS USED FOR? SEE
Wow, did the first half of the school year fly by or what?! Since we
are bombarded with communications from every which direction (sports, school,
community, work, etc.) it can be challenging to stay on top of everything.
So in event that you are just like us and sometimes miss an update or
some “good to know” information, we thought it’d be helpful to summarize some
of the more impactful things CPO did in our first semester.
- Ice Cream Social ran smoothly and successfully…including offering locker
inserts and spirit wear to the CMS community.
- We reached our Partnering for Success goal again! Donations total
$20,000 and still climbing due to many corporate match programs.
- Updated and provided an online buzz book for 2017/18.
- Financial support of the CMS Tipline, which is a widely used resource for
- Sponsored a fun Fall dance in October.
- Wellness Walk raised over $2,000 this year, which goes to help support the
PE workout equipment (2 treadmills and 4 stationary bikes) used by students and
- Supported 10 families during the holidays through this year’s CMS Holiday
Outreach program. The students Coin drive was a big success too!!!
- Purchased VR goggles for student use to enhance curriculum based
learning (ask your kids about their Mt. Everest experience!)
The above CPO accomplishments and so many additional ones could not be done
without the time and talent of numerous parent volunteers. We truly
appreciate all that you give to your CPO and to CMS.
Partnering for Success
The 2017-2018 CPO Partnering for Success Campaign was a success! We reached our goal with $18,499 in donations and will receive ongoing corporate matches from several of our donors throughout the year! Thank you so much to all the families who donated. We had a 28% overall student participation in PFS and the final winner for highest student participation was the 6th grade.
There are countless opportunities to be involved in your child's CMS experience throughout the year. There is something for everyone's availability and schedule. Please click on the Volunteer link here or above to sign up for our many opportunities. You will receive regular emails throughout the school year with many different volunteer and donation opportunities. You can then select from the different options depending on what works for you. These emails will be coming from the email@example.com email address. Also, please know that you may Opt-Out of these regular emails by following the link/instructions at the bottom of the emails.