Updated as of October 30th, 2017
2019-2020 Rockwood Calendar Vote
We are seeking your voice, along with any thoughts, about the proposed calendar options for the 2019-2020 school year.
The Rockwood Calendar Committee has created two drafts for your consideration. THIS LINK takes you to the RSD district calendar page where you can see the two full drafts (top right side) along with other documents from the committee's work that will help you understand the two options.
There are the differences between Draft A and Draft B:
|Draft A||Draft B|
- 1st day for students is Tuesday
- 1st day for students is Monday
- Jan 2 (Thursday) is a teacher work day
- Jan 3 (Friday) is a teacher work day
- Jan 3 (Friday) is students' first day back after winter break
- Jan 6 (Monday) is students' first day back after winter break
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. We have 180 student attendance days
2. 10 paid teacher work days (beyond the 180 student) are required 4 of those 10 must be before students start
3. Long standing feedback is middle of the week start, and ending 1st semester before Winter break
4. Conference compensation days must occur in certain windows per teacher agreement
5. Record days must occur on certain days per teacher agreement
Please share your feedback by Thursday, November 2, 2017. by following THIS LINK to one simple survey question.
Jen Thomas & Megan Seeling
2017-2018 CPO Co-Presidents
Back by popular
demand: the Crestview Spiritwear Store is open now through November 18th.
Additional colors now available!! Orders will be delivered by Winter Break Order Here: https://crestviewspirit.itemorder.com/
Crestview Middle School has joined AmazonSmile and now every time you make a purchase with Amazon, they will donate a percentage back to our Parents Organization. You just have to bookmark us here. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same price, same service. Just giving back to your community.
Partnering for Success
The 2017-2018 CPO Partnering for Success Campaign was a success! We reached our goal with $18,499 in donations and will receive ongoing corporate matches from several of our donors throughout the year! Thank you so much to all the families who donated. We had a 28% overall student participation in PFS and the final winner for highest student participation was the 6th grade.
Looking to Volunteer
We have so many upcoming opportunities to volunteer here at CMS. Wellness Walk (October), Fall Dance (October 20), Book Fair (ongoing) and Copy Room help (ongoing). Please click on the volunteer tab to find one that works for you.
There are countless opportunities to be involved in your child's CMS experience throughout the year. There is something for everyone's availability and schedule. Please click on the Volunteer link here or above to sign up for our many opportunities. You will receive regular emails throughout the school year with many different volunteer and donation opportunities. You can then select from the different options depending on what works for you. These emails will be coming from the email@example.com email address. Also, please know that you may Opt-Out of these regular emails by following the link/instructions at the bottom of the emails.