Geggie Elementary
A Missouri & National School of Character
430 Bald Hill Road, Eureka, MO 63025
Phone 636-733-3200 . Fax 636-733-8860
No content found

School Nurse

​​​​​In Rockwood, the primary role of the school nurse is to support student learning. School nurses accomplish this by promoting student and staff health and safety.

School nurses have an important role in serving our school community:​

  • Health Services: serves as the​ coordinator of the health services program and provides nursing care
  • Education: provides health education to students, staff and parents. Le​arn more about health and safety guidelines
  • Healthy Environment: identifies health and safety concerns in the school environment​
  • Counseling: provides health counseling and refers students to appropriate school staff or community agencies
  • Parent/Community Involvement: promotes community involvement by ensuring a healthy school.
  • Staff Wellness: provides health education and counseling, promote healthy activities and environment for school staff

As the health services expert in our school, the nurse serves as the health professional for the school community.​

Does y​our child need medication at school?

I​f you are unsure of what form your student might need? Here are some tips!

Self Administration of Medication form is used when your child& will be able to carry medication on them at school. This covers ANY over-the-counter medication (high school students only); or Albuterol and EpiPens (encouraged as students reach middle school). This form MUST be signed by a p​arent AND a physician in order for the student to carry the medication on them. This form is kept in our office and is only good for a single school year. Look for the PDF form titled "Authorization for Self Administration of Medication and Waiver and Indemnification Form Liability" under the Downloads heading on this page.

The Request for Medications to Be Given at School form is used when your child will come into our office and we will administer medication to them. This covers ANY prescription medication and/or over-the-counter medication. This form must be signed by a parent and accompanied by the prescription in the original bottle. If it is an over-the-counter medication, the form must also be signed by a physician. Rockwood School District does not allow ANY narcotic medication to​ be kept on school premises. Look for the PDF form titled "Request for Medication to be Given at School" under the Downloads heading on this page.

It is important that parents understand per Rockwood School District Policy that students carrying medication at school without proper documentation in our office (prescription and/or over the counter) will face disciplinary action.​