School Start Time: 9:40 a.m.
Dismissal Time: 4:20 p.m.
Early Dismissal Hours: 9:40 a.m. - 1:10 p.m.
Early Dismissal Schedule:
9:40: CCL Start Time
Morning Art and PE blocks:
3rd grade: 9:45-10:25
4th grade: 10:25-11:05
5th grade: 11:05-11:45
11:30-11:50: 1st-grade/Kindergarten recess
11:55-12:15: 1st-grade/Kindergarten lunch
11:55-12:15: 2nd-grade recess
12:20-12:40: 2nd-grade lunch
12:20-12:40: 5th-grade recess
12:45-1:05: 5th-grade lunch
11:55-12:15: 4th-grade lunch
12:20-12:40: 4th-grade recess
12:20-12:40: 3rd-grade lunch
12:45-1:05: 3rd-grade recess
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures:
In the morning, your child rides his or her regular bus to homeschool.
Upon arrival at the home school, the CCL students board the CCL bus to be transported to the CCL.
Parents may drop their children directly off at the CCL Campus in the mornings.
Students should arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before the start of the school day. With the front door locking systems, the doors will only be unlocked for 15 minutes before school begins.
When students arrive, they should go directly to their classrooms. If a student arrives before a teacher is on duty, they must wait in the entryway by the main office until a teacher arrives.
- Based on parent's instructions, students may be bused directly back to their homes, back to their home schools, back to homeschool for Adventure Club, or they may be picked up at the CCL.
- We do not offer an inside pick-up option due to the large size of our student body and congestion in our parking lot. Inside pick-up is only an option if parents have an appointment in the building or students need to leave early on a particular day because of an appointment.
- If you need to pick up your child in the last half hour, please park at Bethesda and walk over to CCL to sign out your child. If you arrive during our dismissal time, we will ask you to wait to sign-out your child until after dismissal is over. Our dismissal procedures begin 10 minutes before the end of the school day.
- If you plan to change your student's dismissal for the day, please bring or send a note to CCL on the day of the change.
- A change of dismissal note may be given to your child's teacher who will, in turn, bring the note to the main office. You may also email the CCL secretaries with a change for the day.
- The loop forms along the north covered sidewalk and will require the person who is picking up to drive on the "wrong side" side of the parking lot, and go around the parking circle the "wrong way."
- We will have your child walk out at dismissal time, and a teacher will assist your child in your car.
- Please display an 8 ½" by 11" card with your child's last name on it in the front window of the car, as it is a great help.
Inclement Weather Policy:
- If your child is in attendance at the CCL when the District cancels school due to inclement weather, your child will be transported back to his/her home school to ride their regular bus home.
- Please note that CCL is the first school dismissed, so the CCL bus can arrive at the home schools before the home schools are ready to dismiss their students. (If your child attends a private school or is home-schooled, we will notify you immediately so that you can pick up your child.)
****Please note that there is a great deal of traffic coming into and leaving the CCL parking lots at pick-up time. ***** If at all possible, please allow your children to ride the bus back to their home school.
Transportation : Find out your student's bus information.