Lafayette Mission Statement
Lafayette fosters maximum individual growth through a tradition of excellence while promoting a community founded on acceptance and belonging.
Lafayette Vision Statement
We, the community of Lafayette High School, will continue to set the standards of academic excellence, while creating an environment that supports life balance and mutual respect and offers a variety of opportunities and activities that will prepare students for citizenship in a dynamic world.
Lafayette Value Statements
Promote integrity, responsibility and perseverance.
Encourage collaboration, constructive communication, and mutual respect among all members of the Lafayette community.
Provide opportunities for involvement and success of all learners.
Foster a passion for lifelong learning.
Value excellence in all we do.
Continue to create a proud atmosphere rich in tradition with a visionary focus for the future.
- National Blue Ribbon School (2002)
- Missouri Gold Star School (1995, 2001)
- Redbook's Magazine selection as one of America's Best High School
- Received nationwide recognition for Promising Practices Award for Character Education.
- Recognized as a National Top 10 Renaissance school for the past 15 years.
- LHS has been recognized by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education as a Top Ten school for its sustained high scores on the MAP.
- The Class of 2017 has 13 Commended Students and 12 Finalists for the National Merit Scholarship Program.
- In 2014, Lafayette was awarded the ACT Red Quill Legacy Award for the third consecutive year.
- The 2016 average ACT score for Lafayette students was 25.19.
- The Class of 2016 recognized an impressive 102 Bright Flight Scholars who earned a 30 or higher on their ACT exam.
- The Class of 2016 took 1,291 AP exams and 88.07% scored a 3 or higher.
- The North Central Association of Secondary School and Colleges rates LHS “Triple A.”
- We have been lauded for the high levels of competency of the staff and the outstanding diversity and strength of the academic program by the NCASSA.
- The U.S. Department of Education awarded Lafayette a Certificate of Merit in the National Secondary School Recognition Program in 1987.
LHS was selected as a Missouri Gold Star School in 1995 and 2001.
- In 1996, LHS was selected as the Outstanding High School in Missouri and one of “America’s Best” High Schools by a panel of Educators representing Redbook Magazine.
- In 2002, Lafayette was named a National Blue Ribbon School.
- In 2016, Lafayette was named a Silver Medal School by U.S. News & World Report.
- April of 2016, Lafayette was named in Newsweek’s Top 1000 schools in the nation.
- May of 2016, The Washington Post, recognized LHS as one of America’s Most Challenging High Schools.
- The Key Club has more than 300 members who participate in many community service projects.
- LHS has captured 40 state championships since 1992
- Awarded the Commissioner’s Cup for outstanding St. Louis suburban overall activities program for 2015 and 2016.
- For the last 8 years, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch named Lafayette as a finalist for having the top athletic program in the St. Louis area.